Thursday, April 5, 2012

Look What The Cat Drug In!!!!!!


  My life in a nut shell can be summed up by an old Emerson Lake and Palmer song; Oh, What a Lucky Man He Was, and there can be no better example than today. I got to spend the entire day today with the most AMAZING person on the face of the planet!!! My Wife, Cat. Cat and I have been married for seven and a half years and I still feel like I need to pinch myself on a regular basis to remind myself that this not just some fantasy dream. I took part of the day off work and we were able to make the most of it. We got to the river at about 10:30 A.M. and the first hour was a little slow. We hooked and landed a few, but the fish didn’t really seem to be feeding. Just before noon, I didn’t hear it, but the dinner bell must have gone off. For the next three hours they were feeding hot and heavy. Every hole we walked into, we saw several fish feeding, and we gave them something to eat. Hehe. Now I need to confess that I need to figure out how to work my camera a little better. In addition to the troutzilla fish on the video, Cat landed 2 absolutely beautiful Bows that I thought I was videoing. I’m sure some of you are thinking that I did that on purpose but seriously I did not. During the afternoon feed time, the fish were munching on RS2’s, FOD’s, SOL’s Ninjas and several other letters(lol). Early and late, our point fly was a rather large blood midge. Yep, when the day is over, life has been way better to me than I deserve. I am the Lucky Man they were singing about.
  The water has come back down since Monday’s storm and the river is in prime condition. I always say that between now and runoff is my absolute favorite time of the year. The fish have made it through the spawn and are healthy as can be and are feeding like crazy. We at the Drift Fly Shop are passionate about Fly fishing and will do everything we can to make your experience a joyous one on the river. We are still doing the open tying on Friday’s from 6 to 8P.M. and Cat will be teaching an entomology class on the 14th of April. Thanks again for reading Connell and Cat O’Grady 719-543-3900

1 comment:

  1. its a hard to watch this if your from nebraska nice fish

    ReplyDelete