Thursday, June 7, 2012

Best Friends 06-06-2012


  Hello and thanks again for reading. Cat and I were lucky enough to sneak out Wednesday afternoon and ran into a mixed bag of results. I wanted to try out a few new patterns that I have been messing with. The first half an hour I only got one take and was off before I knew what was going on. I switched to a blood worm followed by my new version of my FOD followed by an, Alex inspired, lime green midge larva. I started getting takes immediately but had no idea which flies because I went zip for my first 7 hookups. Number 7 was pretty funny, I hooked up right across from Cat and when she looked up, her flies swung a little and she hooked and landed the first fish of the evening, a 16 or 17 inch tub. Soon after Cat headed up river and I started heading back down.  I could not get the Rolling Stones song “I can’t get no satisfaction” out of my head and was beginning to wonder if this could be the night, it has been a few years since I have been skunked. Finally I saw a few fish feeding in what I thought was a strange place and I casted, off the schneid with a 12incher. A couple more casts and I landed my best fish of the night. He was about half an inch shorter than the 21 inch line and healthy as an ox. I relaxed at this point and kept moving back down river. I caught a few more heading down and Cat caught up to me about an hour before dark. The last hour was phenomenal, fish were rising all around so I removed most of my weight and started catching fish just below the surface. I did have another that just ate my lunch and took all three flies. Anyway, I can’t think of a better way or person to spend my Wednesday evening, Cat and Winston, my two best friends and doing what I love to do………….
Sorry had some issues with the video quality, hopefully this will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment