Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!!!!!


  Hello to all of our faithful readers and followers, Cat and I want to wish you all the greatest Easter ever. It is a great thing to know where you will spend eternity. For the Pueblo people, today marks the end of Spring Break. I know “ironic” may be the most wrongly and overused word in the English language but I think it is a little ironic that I spent my last day of Spring Break getting “schooled” by a bunch of fish. Winston, Cat and I spent most of the day on the river and all I can say is that you needed you’re A+++ game today. We caught fish but had to earn each one. The water dropped another 20 cfs last night and the bright sunny day made for very spooky fish. In five hours on the water today I saw 1bwo (1 not a hatch) and I saw a few midges sparingly throughout the day. We saw lots of fish but there feeding patterns seemed to be off and on. I kept trying different bugs all day long and found that the True Blood and size 24 Ninja seemed to be the only bugs getting any real action. We are still seeing fish on beds but lots of fish in the slower slack water recuperating from getting it on.  Looking at the weather forecast for next week it looks as if we might get a little precip and at least a little cloud cover. The bwo’s should explode this week with a little cloud cover. Again I wanted to thank you all for checking in ; Connell, Cat, Winston and The Drift Fly Shop…….






 

No comments:

Post a Comment