Tuesday, April 23, 2013

FOD Kind of Day


  Just wanted to give a quick report on the river and the best word I can use to describe it is inconsistent. Fishing over the last few weeks has brought some great days and some what the heck days. Winston and I got to the water today at about 12:30 and the first half hour was easy money. Fish were feeding well on True Bloods and J Bombs. 2:00 to 4:00 found fishing to be tuff but then I noticed the birds starting to hover at about 4:00. I decide to take my own advice and threw on a FOD and a RS2 and the fish really liked the FOD all afternoon. Hooked quite a few fish today but am still losing almost half. I did hook the prettiest fish I think I have ever seen in P-town but lost him at the net. Birds were still eating bugs when I left at 6:15. I did hook one bird in the air today but luckily when the bird turned the fly popped off with just a couple of small feathers. Not sure why we are seeing inconsistent hatches but beginning to think it is Gods way of telling me I should spend more time on the water experiencing His glory. As always thanks for reading, Connell, Cat, Winston and The Drift Fly Shop…









No comments:

Post a Comment