Sunday, May 19, 2013

Cat and Connell Spring 2013 Season Finale!!!!!


  It was ten years ago or so when it hit me that I had been wasting way too much time watching tv. Cable was costing me fifty bucks a month and what was I getting from it? I decided to get rid of cable and just ran my tv off an antenna. With no ESPN or Fox Sports my tv watching quickly dwindled to late night reruns. A few years later my wonderful wife started watching House and when I joined her I became hooked again, shortly after that it was CSI, Bones, NCIS, Numbers and very quickly I was hooked back on the tv. When I think about my daily plans it is sad how it revolves around what is on tv. Monday it is Castle, Tuesday it is NCIS and NCIS LA, WED it is CSI and Friday is Blue Bloods and the Sunday starts my week with my faves The Good Wife and The Mentalist. How did I ever get so wrapped up in this?

 This past week the series were all finishing up with their “Season Finales”, full of action and cliff hangers.  The networks are already advertising their summer series B rated dramas. I wrote a few weeks ago about some of the Lakes around here and it hit me how my life seems to parallel the TV dramas. As we near the runoff “hopefully”, we begin to prepare for our summer series. Cat and I have trips planned for The Delaney’s, the Taylor, and Cat will be guiding in Alaska for a month but I don’t want to forget about what an AWESOME Spring drama we have here on the Arkansas tailwater. So, in honor of Castle asking Becket to marry him, Patrick Jane whittling down his list of Red Johns to 5, Deeks kissing Kinsey(made Cat gasp), Holmes naming a bee after Watson(Cat’s fave), and Alisha Florrick “possibly” changing law firms, we have decided to do our own Season Finally. We have seen a very bizarre spring full of spectacular fishing, good fishing and even a little “what the” fishing and wanted to share our “Season finale” with you.  We try to do something a little different with each new video and this time we decided to add a few pics from some of the guide trips this spring. We have guided seasoned, intermediate and quite a few never ever fly fisherpeople and although we love to see our clients land the monster of their dreams, we also love the look of joy on the face of each person when they hook and land that first and most special fish on a fly rod. We put together the video like a true season finale with most of the “pretty” and exciting at the beginning and the end(Cat,Winston and clients) and me in the middle.As always, Thanks for reading and watching, Connell, Cat, Winston and The Drift Fly Shop…

  Enjoy…The Arkansas River Spring Season Finale!!!!!!

 

   We hope that you find the video enjoyable and want reiterate that just because the seasons are changing doesn’t mean that fishing has to end. Summer fishing possibilities are endless and we at The Drift would love to help you plan your summer fishing adventures. We have fished all over this state, Wyoming, South Dakota, and Scooter has spent quite a bit of time on the San Juan. In other words, where ever your summer plans take you, we are here to help. As this blog is going live I see the river came up to over a thousand last night, be very careful if you fish it here in P-town. Thanks for continued support and hope you have a great summer!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment