Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I've Been Waiting...


 …for a girl like you, to come into my life. It’s funny how maybe the only Foreigner song that I am not a huge fan of kept running through my head today. My frustration with this seemingly never ending winter finally began to ebb today. I started to look for changes in the fish earlier this month and they just didn’t seem to want to come out of their winter slumber. Guide trips over the last few weeks have seen moments of fish movement and then they just seemed to disappear again. Sunday was the first day that I saw significant amounts of fish moving into staging areas and a few actually moving to beds. Today, the fish sat in feeding lanes for a few hours. So it wasn’t a girl I was waiting for but it was the most enjoyable day I have had on the water in a few months.

  Fish were not easy; the key today was finding fish and then placing an accurate cast right in front of them. Most of the fish landed over the last week were on the Bling midge and the J-Bomb. I am hopeful that Saturdays and today’s feeding frenzy is the beginning of a something beautiful.  Look for those feeding frenzies to increase over the next several weeks. As always, thanks for reading Connell, Cat, Winston, The J-Bomb, and The Drift Fly Shop…..









No comments:

Post a Comment