Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Joke Time....


  Hey all, thanks for checking in. I will be starting this blog with a joke that I heard last week from one of my clients. I need to warn our readers that this joke is definitely in the pg-13 range so if you are under 13 you need to move on to the fishing report. When I heard the joke it actually took me just a second (I like to think it was because of my intense concentration on guiding) but it seems since I heard it, every time I think of it, it gets funnier and funnier.

 A doctor is walking near a nurses station and a nurse jumps up and says “ hey doc, I need you to sign this form” the doctor reaches into his pocket and pulls out a thermometer, he scratches his head and says ” darn, some A-hole has my pen”.

   If you ever wonder about my sense of humor that joke should tell you everything you need to know. Now on to the fishing; If you have been to the river over the last week and a half than you should have been able to see that the river has come alive. Guide trips last week and Cat’s and my day out on Sunday have been very productive on the hookup side of fishing, the landing we have found to be a little more difficult. We are seeing tons of spawning fish and in addition, the feeding lanes seem to be filling with fish. Now I will say this, I am not always sure what is going on with the fish.  Some seemingly perfect casts to feeding fish produce squat and then the next cast *Boom*. Cat was working on a fish held up in Peek-a-boo and just as she was getting frustrated, the eleventh drift went by and the fish moved a foot and drilled her fly. Maybe after enough perfect casts the fish think it is an actual hatch going on. Fish were on Ninjas, J-bombs, SOL’s, and a few on the True Blood.

  We have another week of low flows and after the 15th our river will be at the mercy of whoever is buying water downstream. With the amount of snow in the mountains we may get blown out earlier this year. If you have been considering booking a guide trip than try to get it booked this week.  The pics are from the last couple guide trips and mine and Cat’s day out on Sunday. As always, thanks for reading from Connell, Cat, Winston, the Joker, and The Drift Fly shop……












2 comments:

  1. I once heard that the only reason we men like to go fishing so much is that it's the only time we will hear someone tell us, "Wow, that's a big one!"

    Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that all the time Mark.....to bad she's talking about my nose and my ego...hehe

    ReplyDelete