Sunday, April 13, 2014

Best Video Ever!!!!!!


Hello all and thanks for checking in. Wowza!!!! What an incredible spring we are having. The winter seemed to drag on later than normal but when the fish came out of their slumber it was on like Donkey Kong. After careful observation, I am pretty sure we lost some of our larger fish last summer but the number of 14 to 20 inch fish seems to have increased considerably.Over the last few weeks the fish seem to be finishing their courtships and like “most men”, they are moving on to gorge themselves. And as if God had it planned out all the time, the BWO’s seem to be more than happy to give the fish what they want. Timing is everything!!!!!

  I have been compulsively watching the flows knowing that these incredible conditions won’t be lasting long, so I will throw in another shameless plug, if you have ever considered booking a trip to learn more about how to catch these fish, as soon as you watch this video a minimum of five times, get to a phone and call the shop…

  We have worked on this video for the last few weeks in hope of making this the most entertaining and goodlooking flyfishing video of all time. I like to think we got close but I just didn’t have enough quality videos of Cat and Winston, oh well we still think it’s great. We learned a lot going through the spring video footage: one, we have some incredible friends, two, I have an incredible wife, three we have an incredible fishery, and last, that Winston really likes getting his picture taken.

 I wanted to introduce our Spring 2014 video by stealing and using a letter from one of my favorite 80’s movies, enjoy.

 

  Dear Blog Readers,

We accept the fact that we got to sacrifice our entire Spring on the river because of whatever we did right, but we think you are crazy if you don’t watch and share this video at least five times. We want you you see "it and us" for what we are: in the simplest and most convenient definitions. But in the making of this video we found that each one of us is a Mechanic, a Rock Band, a Golden of Goldens, a Flyfishing Princess and a Basket Case.

Does that answer your questions?

Sincerely, the flyfishing club.

  As I finish writing I will kiss my keyboard, insert a sly grin on my face, and lightly punch myself in the arm. And always remember, “ Don’t you forget about us”. As always, Connell, Cat, Winston, John Bender and The Drift Fly Shop thank you for reading and watching……
 

No comments:

Post a Comment