Friday, September 12, 2014

Won't Get Fooled Again....


Hey all, a quick little post about the river this evening. Sorry no cute stories tonight but I will date myself by telling you all that the songs running through my head and are representative of this evening are; Hard Days Night and Won’t Get fooled again.  Throughout the day today I kept looking outside and wishing I could find the time to get to the river. I saw an old friend at the flyshop and made plans for later on that night, I’ll find  my little fish and I know that I can treat them right. We got to the water around 4:30 and a quick glimpse of the swallows got me licking my chops. Fishing had been better than average as of late and the swallows should be a sign that good things were coming. My friend Mitch started in one run and landed two right away and I thought “It On Tonight”. Well it was twenty minutes before I had my first two hookups with one spit and one breakoff.  I finally landed a couple and the things got slow again. We moved and fished and found that every fish bumped was completely earned. Fish were spread out and seemed more interested in resting than eating the PMD’s that covered the water but the few we landed were well worth the work it took. Winston might have had the best night, at one point I looked over and saw that he had found himself a burrito and was woofing it down, I think he thought it belonged to Mitch because he sure followed Mitch around.
   So how do the songs fit in, it was a hard days night of fishing(but so worth it) and the river and the fish really fooled me this evening. I guess that means maybe I need to go back tomorrow to figure it all out, and the next day, and the next; Won’t get fooled again. I think it’s time to sit down and pull out my Les Paul, too much music in my head.
  As always, Connell, Cat, Winston, Mitch and The Drift Fly shop want to thank you for reading.

***Again, I am still holding a very specific flybox and flies that I found Wednesday evening.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment