Thursday, November 20, 2014

Santa-Bow......



  Hey all and thanks for checking in. What an amazing day on the river today. I have been trying to think up something cute to write about after catching my largest Arkansas rainbow in two years, but everything comes up short of the incredibleness of the fish. First I thought that maybe I could talk about this fish working out and eating enough crayfish so that maybe he can help the Bronco offensive line but that subject still seems a little sore. Then it came to, maybe the river inhabitants were planning some sort of Christmas play and this fish really wanted to play the part of Santa? I think it might be best to just let the pics do the talking.
  Cat and I got to the river today at just after 1:00 and the fish were ready to roll. Both of our first casts of the day produced fish. Shortly after Cat jumped into a run and I decided it would be a great time to sit back and roll some tape. It was a perfect time to film because Cat went on a roll and landed one beautiful fish after another. I started back up and landed my fair share( Oh how I hate that saying) and ended up landing the one piggy. Fish were on eggs, midge larva and Cat was drilling them on a new BWO pattern she has been playing with. Winston was sure happy to be back on the water again, the bitter cold last week just seemed a little too dangerous to take him. As always, Connell, Cat, Winston, Mrs. Clause and The Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading…….










 

No comments:

Post a Comment