Sunday, January 11, 2015

Call Me Kitty Cat !!!!!!

 Hey all and thanks for checking in at The O’Grady Flyfishing Adventures. Well it is another depressing end to a football season.  I have developed this plan where anytime I think my Huskers or Broncos are going to struggle, I try and go fishing, I cannot take the chance off a heart attack or a broken big screen.  Cat and I went today and the day felt a little like the game most of you watched this afternoon. As our readers know, January is not my favorite time of the year to fish but even with that being said I almost always feel like I should catch more fish than everyone around me, much like the Broncos.
  Now Cat and I wanted to try a little experiment today, we fished mostly the same flies today but with the slow, super clear water, Cat used the New Zealand indicators and also the new camo weights. The first hour or so didn’t make much of a difference, I had two very light takes and Cat was feeling the skunk. We continued to move down river and finally we moved into a pocket of stockers. I know for the most part stockers should not be that smart, but fishing the exact same runs, I got one fair fish to the net and Cat had at least a dozen. Every time we switched runs Cat would hook two more, I expected a "Wedding Crashers" chant, "Call me Kitty Cat".  Even my fair weathered dog moved away from me and threw looks of disgust my way. The kicker was the end of the day when after making our way back toward the car, Cat landed the fish of the day, a beautiful hook jawed 16inch bow. I don’t get outfished much and don’t ever remember getting shelled like I did today so congrats Cat, this just might be your year. Maybe I need a little “Luck”.<--too soon?

  Anyway after just one day I can’t help but think the New Zealand indicators might have something to them. Cat was picking fish up on black midges and a few on eggs. My one and only dink of the day took the J-bomb. Fish can very much be had, you just gotta bring your “A” game. After walking the river today I spotted some really nice fish and plan on acquainting myself with them soon.  I wanted to remind everyone that the Drift will have a booth at the Sportsman’s expo this weekend in Denver. We have hugely discounted tickets at the shop(6.00$), but the supply is limited. The schedule looks like Cat and I will be there on Thursday, Travis will be there on Sat and Sun and Alex and Cody will be there the whole weekend. As always, Connell, Cat, Winston, the Bronco offseason, and the Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading…….



No comments:

Post a Comment