Sunday, February 15, 2015

On Top......

  Hello all and thanks for checking in at The O’Grady Valentines Day Flyfishing adventures. If you have read my blogs over the years than you probably know that I have always considered myself to be true “mans man”. Yep, ten years of being married to an amazing wife and I always feel like my position should be on top. Now every once in a while Cat feels a little rambunctious and gets on top and even though I can handle it and it does have it moments, I always find my way back to the top. Now I’m sure a few of you are thinking I may be getting a little too personal, but a little fishing competition with my incredible wife certainly keeps things interesting on the home front. What the heck did you think I was talking about?
  Now Cat has to be one of the nicest and humblest and most incredible people on the face of the earth but she has mentioned once or twice that she has out fished me the last few times out. So I thought that even though it wasn’t a total spanking, I am back where I belong, on top. Hehe. Now even though we didn’t have a stellar day today it was fun nonetheless. We got to the water a little after 12:00p.m. and saw fish right away. We hooked several but couldn’t get any fair fish to the net. We started working our way down river and actually did more walking and talking than actually fishing today. The River seemed to be a little crowded today with what I guess were all the “good boys” from yesterday. We stopped to watch Sam throw dries and what a joy to watch. I wish I were a little better cameraman. Saw Jeremy and Travis land fish and finally got my own monster to the net, well maybe not a monster but it was a fish. Fished with Brandon and Charlie for a while and Charlie landed one really nice fish.

 If you have been to the river over the last week then you have probably noticed the spawning beds beginning to form throughout the corridor. I know I have written on the subject the last few years and without lecturing anyone, I just want to remind us all that the future of our river is in our hands. If you have never seen spawning fish before, it’s a beautiful thing to witness. Come by the shop and we can help you recognize what a red is. Fish will begin to spread out throughout the river over the next few weeks with feeding time increasing. Watch for fish to move in to feeding lanes and make your casts count. The afternoon midges are getting their share of fish to the surface, it is a beautiful thing to watch a fish take a well place dry off the surface. Thanks Sam, I will be dreaming about those takes tonight. As always, Connell, Cat, Winston, Barry White, and The Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading……

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Connell for spotting those fish for me. I have to say that it was just a little intimidating to fish in front of such highly-esteemed onlookers. Come to think of it, that explains why I missed those rises! :-) ~Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sam, we are legends in our own minds....It sure is fun watching someone that can cast...

    ReplyDelete