Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Cure...

            Hello all and thanks for checking in at The O’Grady Flyfishing Adventures. I wanted to write a little today about a pretty serious problem that I didn’t even knew I had. I know the Who had a song about the summer time blues, but I think for me it has become the post Taylor trip blues. With the last few summers seeing extended runoff here in P-town I have found myself falling into this lazy longing for fish. Now I know that fish aren’t really very far away, but it just gets a little difficult to get motivated. Well today I found the cure for my summertime blues.
            Today Cat, Brandon, myself, Cody and Travis made our way to the upper Ark for a float trip. Travis is just a few short miles away from being certified and we were more than happy to help him reach his needed miles. We floated around eleven miles today and I just want to say, if you have never fished out of a raft before than you are missing out, Period!  I was checking the weather the night before and I saw it was supposed to be 96 and sunny. I was a little nervous when we got to the river and it was sprinkling, but as we were waiting for everyone to get ready I tossed a few flies and landed my fish of the day; it was a 13 inch bow. I know it doesn’t sound very big, but I felt like I was home. We headed down the river and after already having my day made, I got to soak in the beauty of the float. It was Brandon’s first float and he was already talking about buying a boat on the way home. Cat had the ciggle going most of the day and Me, Travis and Cody were our usual ornery selves. I got to row a little today, it always confuses me a little when they put a super valuable boat in my paws, but at least they got to catch a few fish.
            What I really wanted to brag on with this write up is how awesome Cody and Travis have become on the oars. This was my first time out with Travis and we have been with Cody on several occasions. The first few trips I thought Cody was very good, heck he was even a pro at going through The Cottonwood rapids backwards, but watching these two today was like watching an ace pitcher carve up a Rockies line up. Every rapid was perfectly executed and I always seemed to be the same distance from the bank. Fishing was easy and the rapids were exhilarating. I know when the crew gets together there can be a tease or two, but I just wanted to say how proud I was of both of their oarsmenship today. Thanks !

            Now I can’t promise anyone that they would have the kind of day we had today, Cat and Brandon lost count at a butt-load, but if you are looking for a cure to your summertime blues then I would encourage you to book a float trip, it fixed me. The Drift can get you set up for trips on the upper Ark and maybe it can cure a problem that you didn’t know you had. As Always, Connell, Cat, Sad Winston, Brandon, Cody, Travis and The Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading…..













No comments:

Post a Comment