Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Pooh-dog Special...


            Hello all and thanks for checking in at the O’Grady Fly Fishing Adventures. One of the great things about having the best fly fishing Cat and dog on the face of the planet is all the questions I get about one or both. For example, everyone wants to know how I trained Winston to be such a great fly fishing companion. Then they go on to ask if fly fishing is the Pooh-dogs favorite thing in the world. As a professional guide I should say yes but in reality, it is truly only his third favorite activity. For a long time we have not known what Pooh Dog loves best, but we found out when Jimbo was here a few weeks ago. I was beginning to feed Winston, when Jimbo stepped outside and picked up Pooh-dogs ball. Without so much as a wag, Pooh leapt outside leaving his food untouched.
I had always known he loved chasing the ball, when I take him up to the school he cries with excitement. It is hilarious to listen to him wail with joy. After we get there, I throw the ball about 25 or 30 times and watch as he begins to slow down. When his paws can move no further he takes his ball and drops to the ground, but he does so about fifty yards from me. As I approach or call his name, Pooh turns his head away from me and looks the other way. As an observant dog owner, I know what he is thinking; he is so tired from doing his favorite pastime that he can’t run anymore, but at the same time he does not want to admit that it’s time to go back to the car and go home. I always thought it was a little selfish and annoying on his part, but I think over the last week I have gotten a little glimpse into his mind and why he refuses to call it quits.
            Fishing and guide trips over the last few weeks have been absolutely outstanding. Today, Cat and I caught so many absolutely gorgeous fish that we just wanted to sit down on the bank. Too tired to go, but not wanting to quit. I wonder if Winston thought we were a little annoying and selfish. Well a burrito on the way home and we all have a little better understanding of each other.
            I wanted to finish the blog by offering an end of the season special for our guide trips. We have no idea how long this perfection will last but to celebrate Cat and Connell will give their clients a free extra half hour on the water for any half day trip booked and completed before runoff. This is the best fishing I have seen in years and Cat and I really want to share it with you. Call the shop or my cell 719-568-4927 and ask for the Pooh-dog special or for Cat or Connell specifically. I only have one request, please don’t sit down and look the other way, let me know ahead of time when you are too tired to go on. As always Connell, Cat, Winston(aka Pooh-dog), and the Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading……

















No comments:

Post a Comment