Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Definitely a Treat!!!!!!


  Isn’t it strange how things change over the years, as I have said in past posts, growing up my favorite day of the year was Halloween. It may be my old age, my no candy diet, or maybe just the fact that my boys are too old to trick or treat, but now I just want to go fishing and stay out til long after the trick or treaters’ go home. I know part of it is my political thought process and I don’t think I could legally celebrate the day the way I would like. I live in a neighborhood with about 7 circles and I think only about 30 kids in the whole area but from about 5:30 til 9:00 the neighborhood is packed with kids and cars that have come from I don’t even know where. What I wanted to do this year was put up signs all over the yard calling my house the “Obama, Reality, House of Horrors” and as the children come to the door I would confiscate half of their hard earned loot and with a grin, tell them I was giving it to the less fortunate. I would also take another fifteen percent and tell them they could have it back in thirty years, interest free in poverty style installments; oh who am I kidding, Grampa is going to eat that up. Now I can’t even begin to tell of the obstacle's I would put in the way of the large baggers, All in the name of "fairness".....

  Okay enough messing with people’s emotions, fishing was outstanding this afternoon. I was busy working my real job this afternoon so I didn’t get out til a little later. The water temps have dropped over the last few weeks but we are not quite to the blanket BWO hatches as of yet. I saw a few caddis, lots of midges and a few may flies and the fish just seemed to be munching anything smaller than a size 20. The FOD, the True Blood, RS2 and the Ninja were the flies for the day. It was the best land to hook up ratio I have had in a while, I guess it might have been the 20's and 22's and not the 24's. Landed gobzoodles of fish and 4 right about 18 inches, nothing huge but I'll take 18 inchers all day long!!!! Anyway thanks for reading and hope you all had a pleasant and safe Halloween.
Connell







 

No comments:

Post a Comment