Thursday, October 25, 2012

Playing Hookie With My Best Friend


  Playing hookie, old fart style, Earlier this week I saw the weather forecast for today was predicted as rain and snow and it nearly made my mouth water. Was it the fishing or was it that I was going to get to spend the day with Cat, or was it both. BINGO!!!

  Cat and I got to the water at about 11:00 this morning and started hooking fish immediately. The day reminded me a little of golf, there are those days when you miss your first few birdie putts and the pressure starts to build and you begin to wonder if you will ever get another birdie. And then, just when you are getting ready to toss your putter into the tree, you lip in a bomb, and then next three putts are dead in the heart. I started 0 for my first 10 hookups today before finally hooking and landing a beautiful 18 inch rainbow. After finally landing a beauty, I decide I would just enjoy the day with the fish, Cat, and the day of not making sandwiches. The percentage never really changed most of the day with Cat and I hooking and fighting a “you know what” load of quality fish. We didn’t ever see any really strong hatches but did see intermittent hatches of midges, caddis, and a few BWO’s.  The thrill of the day came late in the day, I had moved a little way below Cat and moved into a riffle that ran next to the bank and the first two casts I hooked and lost rainbows. I moved down a few feet and casted and watched my indicator jump and saw a massive flash in the water, I set the hook and he started to run. The fight didn’t last too long and I netted a beautiful, measured, 22 inch male brown. Cat was still up river and I was lucky enough to see Sean just below me for the picture, thank you Sean, it's not nearly as much fun catching the pigs without the pictures. Cat and I fished another hour or so but my day felt complete. Back to work tomorrow…


                                         Almost forgot Size 20 FOD!!!!!!!!!!



                                        18 inch Ice Breaker!!!!!!




                                         A 17 inch Rainbow!!!!

 
                                        Cats best fish of the day, a 19 inch beauty!!!!!!!


 
 

3 comments:

  1. They don't come any prettier than that brown! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys!! Jason: You know our rates and where to find us....LOL....Just Kidding!!
    Sam: Thanks Sam.... the area should look familiar, we know it's one of your favorites!

    ReplyDelete