Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Ninety Minutes In Heaven!!!!!


                  I know it was a long time ago but in grade school we used to play a game called 5 minutes in heaven. It was a different time but the game consisted of when it was your turn you got to pick a girl from the group that was hanging out and go under the stairs with her for five minutes. Just kissing a girl and hoping that she liked it in those days truly was 5 minutes of heaven. Cat and I got to fish today and it was like playing that old game but instead of 5 minutes it was an hour and a half and there was no exchanging saliva. The river was slow when we arrived but at right around 1:00 the river just exploded. For an hour and a half it seemed that almost every good cast produced a take. We were still missing quite a few but it sure was a blast but it didn’t really seem to matter because you could just make it up on the next cast. Between the two of us I would guess we hooked at least thirty, and in my best Forrest Gump voice, one minute they just stopped. Fish were on the FOD and the J-bomb scud. When we were up at the Taylor I watched something really strange happen, tons of mayflies were hatching and for some reason I had just as many, if not more hits on my midge. So today when the mayflies started hatching I started changing up my trail fly and they just seemed to really like the j-bomb. As I said at around 2:30 they just stopped and we only hooked three or four over the next hour and a half. I heard a friend say that fishing was so good today; it should have been last week. Yep it was that good…As always thanks for reading, Connell, Cat, Winston, and The Drift Fly Shop….
             Sorry I don't have many pics of Cats fish, we have some good video but that will come out in a video at a later date...
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment