Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The "Dream Stream".....


  Dream: Webster’s describes the word as something notable for its beauty, excellence, or enjoyable quality. With that definition in mind I sometimes have to scratch my head that the South Platte has that name. I have made the trip many times over the years and the dream state that I normally fall into seem to be more of the “Elm Street” variety. Cat and I decided last week that we needed to make a trip up there this year and it seemed to us that the universe was in cahoots. I can’t tell you how many times over the last week I turned on the radio to hear Aerosmith blasting “Dream On”, or the Cars singing “who’s going to pay attention when you dream”, and we even heard  Eurhythmics singing “Sweet dreams are made of these”. The Fish gods wanted us on the Dream Stream.

  The day started like most trips over the years, Cat and I scoured the river and it seemed that the drop in flows over the weekend had poisoned the river, the river seemed dead and everyone that walked by dropped their heads and said it was a real slow day. We finally got into one run and hooked six fish but only got two superdinks to the net(no net was actually required). I began to “Daydream” of my Ark and wanted to know why the fish gods had forsaken me, and then I hooked a gorgeous 15 inch bow. I was a little more excited at this point and then Cat and I stumbled upon a run that seemed to be full of fish. We hooked several and got three beauties to the net. Cat had one pig on, that had her Radian doubled over but the fish was better than her. The clouds and the wind rolled in and seemed to tell us that our day was done.

  So what will we be dreaming of when we sleep tonight?  I’m sure we will be dreaming of the fish that made it to the net, then we may dream of “walkers or biters”, and then back to the fish that ended up in the net. Maybe me playing a little backup guitar to Aerosmith and then it most certainly will circle back to the river and the fish that kicked our tails. Okay, I get the Dream Stream name, we will sleep and dream with smiles this evening. Beauty, excellence, enjoyable quality, works for me...

  As always, Connell, Cat, Winston, Steven Tyler and The Drift Fly Shop would like to thank you for reading…Tight Lines..









No comments:

Post a Comment