Thursday, August 4, 2016

Almost Here !!!

               Hello all and thanks for checking in at the O’Grady Fly Fishing Adventures blog. I was flipping through the channels a few weeks back and I ran across the movie The Jerk. Now I am not sure any of our younger readers area aware of this movie but I’m sure our older readers are chuckling a bit just hearing the name. One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when the new phone books arrive and Navin runs up screaming “the new phone books are here, the new phone books are here”. He says “ there is my name, right there on page 73, I’m finally someone” “things are only going to get better from here”. As we know, things went up and then way down for poor old Navin, but watching I felt a little discouraged that I never really get that excited about new things in my life. If the shops tracking info is correct, that should all change tomorrow at around lunch time.
                I wrote a few weeks back about the new Sage X rod that Cat and I got to play with. The demand for this rod has been really high and so the Drift will be getting a limited supply of the X in tomorrow. Since playing with it back in June, I have caught myself daydreaming a little about seeing it again. I hope the FedEx driver doesn’t think there is something seriously wrong with me when I’m waiting at the door, salivating a little and when he shows up I’ll be screaming the New X’s are here, the new X’s are here, Now I can truly be someone! Now Sage has played a bit of a dirty trick on Cat and I, due to the limited quantities, we need to wait till September before we can truly be someone. Anyway, the rod felt truly incredible when we got to play with it at Deckers. Cat sneezed once and the rod casted 30 feet, roll casting was a breeze, the rod was super light and felt that way in hand, but still had plenty of power to throw a fly through a wall . I get asked all the time if a rod like this can make a person a better fisherman. I like to answer that question with my all time favorite analogy. Rods are like cars, you can certainly buy an old Chevy Monza and it would probably get you exactly where you want to go. I know that not everyone can afford a Lexus, but once you drive one, the price makes sense. If you get a chance tomorrow get by the shop and check out the new Mazaratti of the fly rod world, the Sage X.

                The river has continued to produce some really nice days over the last week. The Whiskey Nymph, and even Pats rubber legs have been tempting fish. As always Connell, Cat, Winston, Steve Martin, and The Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading….

2 comments:

  1. You know...I thought I had everything I needed...my lamp and my dog Sh!thead...but I think I may have to add that rod...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your lamp, and your chair and your paddle ball.......

    ReplyDelete