Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy Family Day !!!

              Hello all and thanks for checking in at the O’Grady Fly Fishing Adventures Blog. I wanted to start by wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. I know it is the time of the year that we are supposed to be thankful for what God has done in our lives and for me it very easy. Twelve years ago on the day after Thanksgiving I made my vows with my best friend and incredible wife Cat. I think that was last time my whole family has been together at the same time and they still remind me about it to this day. You see, as Cat and I were heading into the mountains for our honeymoon, the rest of my family was making their way back to Omaha and a blizzard that turned the usual 9-hour trip into a 20-hour trip. Well they all made it home safely and the last 12 years for me have been nothing short of magical. This year my nephew was here celebrating his marriage and the whole family is back together again.                      
         Jimbo made it out a day early and we got to spend the day on the river. The river continues to be quite stained and fishing is still hit and miss. We hooked several quality fish and tons of the super dinks. I know it sure is nice having the warm days but we sure need a couple of seriously cold days. We are beginning to see the blue wings and he fish are really responding during hatches. Fish were on the FOD, Bling and the True Blood. As always Connell, Cat, Winston, Tom the Turkey, and The Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading. 

For those who haven’t already heard, Cat has written a book and it was recently published. Before you get too excited... it isn’t about fishing, but it is still amazing work fiction. Buying it would help makes Cat’s dreams come true and maybe down the road we could get her to write one about fish. Click HERE to learn more about it and purchase.

And if you aren’t big into reading fiction, but still want to help her out please visit her facebook page and share it with your friends who are readers. Click HERE to visit her facebook page.

Here is a little taste of what Cat's Book is about:







                                       
                                          Winston and my X



                                          Robert and Katy






No comments:

Post a Comment