Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Be Mine......

          Hello friends and thanks for checking in at the O’Grady Fly Fishing Adventures. Well this morning started like any other, breakfast and some Bible time and then after feeding Pooh-dog I checked my most trusted news source, Facebook. The first thing that came up was a memory from one year ago where Cat and I spent the day on the West Shore of Oahu. As I was patting myself on the back as to how awesome of a husband I was last Valentine’s Day, panic set in and I began to think of how I could possibly out do last year. I racked my brains for seconds and then it hit me, the only place on the face of the earth that is more beautiful and romantic than Hawaii; yep we headed to East Pueblo and hit the tail water.
As we were getting ready to head to the river I check the weather and the sun was bright and the temp was warm, I was thinking this could be the most romantic VD ever. We got to the river and as we came around the bend to our starting run, we looked at each other and in unison said “Crap”. The river looked as if the free people of P-town had decided they would never pay the high taxes on Ovaltine again and poured it all into the river. Unfortunately, there was some work being done just above Juniper and the river was brown. We fished anyway and after about a few hours, we managed to get two beautiful bows and one monster sucker to the net. Not the day I had dreamed of but it is a constant reminder that I am married to the woman of my dreams. Thank you Cat for another wonderful day.

          We really are not sure about the work today and hope it was just for today. As soon as we find out more we will get it posted. As always, Connell, Cat, Winston, Cupid, and the Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading…..




No comments:

Post a Comment