Thursday, October 2, 2014

What An Accel-ent Night!!!!!!


   The new phone books are here, the new phone books are here….I am somebody!!!! Well I’m guessing that all readers over the age of thirty five have a big giant grin on their faces and those that are less than thirty five are probably staring at their smart phones and wondering if I’m talking about the new I-phones. What a great old timer movie; I was in the shop this afternoon when our Sage order came in and after the last few weeks of fishing I felt a little like old Navin Johnson. The new Accels are here the new Accels are here…now I am somebody. It seems every time we get a new and exciting product in the store the Navin comes out in me and I feel like a kid in a candy store. After Cat got them displayed I played with them a little and decided that I needed to hit the river this afternoon.

  Now my Accel is a few weeks old but it still feels new to me. I got to the river about 4’oclock and after landing the first fish hooked I thought tonight was going to be my night. I fished until daylight was gone and just had an absolute blast. The first hour and half was a little spotty but then the river just seemed to turn on. Every few casts and another hookup, I still lost as many as I landed but man we had some fun. I was talking to Alex and I know he was out fishing streamers today and landed a few real nice fish as well. I landed fish on the Winston caddis, J-bombs and Cat’s new fly. The clarity has not changed much with very little sight fishing but like I have said before when the water clears, get here!!

  Tomorrow night is open tying at the shop from 6:00 til 8:00. I have it under good authority that Cat will be taking bribes for showing off her new fly. An expensive gift certificate from Chipotle will probably do the trick, oh wait I’m the one that likes Chipotle. As I stated earlier, the new Sage Accels are in the shop and ready to be touched(wow that doesn’t sound right), I think you will like them as well.As always, Connell, Cat, Winston, Navin Johnson and the Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment