Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Fall Kiss......


I got home this afternoon from the river, took a nap, and then went out to mow the newly fallen leaves on my lawn. If you follow my facebook page at all then you know about how much fun I have this time of the year referring to my beautiful Ash, I love to joke but I really think this has become my favorite time of the year. Over the last few weeks I have made lots of afternoon trips to the river, five to seven o’clock are just magical. The sun beats down as we step into the river and a quick shiver as we step in. A minute or two later you can’t believe how good it feels. The skeeters are gone for the most part, but you do still have to be careful of the “eye crashing” caddis. The trees in town are just starting to turn and it is the perfect time to make a couple of last trips to the mountains for the absolute true beauty. And yes as much as it pains me to say, but football is back.

Fishing has been spotty with moments of incredible action and the other times that just leave you scratching your head. I can’t believe how strong and smart are fish are right now. Saturday I hooked two different fish that wrapped me around rocks before I knew what hit me. Today most of them eventually shook and spit my fly, yeah we still got some to the net but have certainly left points on the field (oops, football speak). Water clarity has been spotty as well and my hope is that this is the res turning over and the water will clear shortly and when it does, Man, Woman and Child get here!!!(sorry an old timer Husker saying). Pictures are from the last week, Tino’s flies have turned to gold, and I actually snuck up and watched our friend Jim Browning fight this fish. Tino still thinks it is my cameras fault every time he loses a fish but I was rolling the whole time he landed this piggy.

As I am sitting in this Fall wonderland I keeping thinking about how incredibly blessed my life has been. When I think about what I probably deserve in life and what I have been given I almost feel a little ashamed. It gets me thinking about my Irish heritage and the old Blarney stone kiss for luck and got me thinking there might be a way to transfer some of my good fortunes to others. I think my beautiful tree may just be the answer, the leaves should all be gone in the next few weeks and we can set up a little shrine in the likes of the Blarney stone and any that want luck and good fortune to come their way, they can stop be my house, and the for luck they can kiss my bare Ash…..

Sorry, for that people. I will never grow up and I am not sure our readers want me to. I was looking at our totals for the blog and just realized that we have gone over fifty thousand hits. I’m humbled and say thanks, had I opted to allow Google to put ads on our blog I think I would be up to fifty cents now, if only I had known. Anyhow, I really want to thank you all for being part of this blog and Connell, Cat, Winston, St. Patrick and The Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for putting up with our writing.









My Beautiful Ash...
 

2 comments:

  1. That first pics looks like I pee'ed my pants. Thank for that!

    ReplyDelete