Sunday, January 18, 2015

Ramble On....

         Hey all and thanks for checking in at The O’Grady Flyfishing Adventures. This week’s episode is brought to you by Zepplin 2’s “Ramble On”. If you are looking for short and precise fishing report, too bad, I feel the Ramble On rolling off my keyboard and I will hide the fishing report secretly in the text, so there will be no escape but to read it all.
       I like to think of myself as a pretty positive guy, but the last year or so has really put any thought of that to the test. I have even considered changing my ring tone since it seems every time the phone rings it costs me another thousand dollars. Brinnnnggggg and my whole body shudders. As most of our readers know, I don’t really love fishing this time of the year, but luckily for me, this weekend made me realize how incredibly lucky I really am.* Bug Du Jour- SOL and J-Bomb*
      This last week started off like most of last year, I spent hours and hours on hold trying to get my new cash register system up and running. When I finally got it up and running smoothly it was time to head to Denver to help set up The Drift’s booth at the ISE show. The drive was mostly nice and relaxing until I hit the Denver traffic, nuff said. I made it there just in time to watch Cat and Cody do their final touches on our booth and to take some credit for helping, then we headed out for a planning dinner. On the way back to my mom’s house, we were staying with her while in Denver, after dinner I encountered my first “road rage” incident in I can’t even tell you how long, and it nearly ended up in my second argument with my wife in the ten years we have been married. Well, we got through it with no ill feelings and made it to the show early Thursday morning. Traffic at the show on Thursday was a little slow, but the highlight was we got to meet a few of our blog Friends. We had our videos and a few new videos running all day and it was awesome to watch people gaze in awe, and yes everyone wanted Winston’s autograph. Alex put together an electrifying presentation Thursday afternoon and the ride home was quiet with no road rage incidents whatsoever.* New Zealand or no indicators*
          Saturday I had a full day trip out, I was excited because after explaining about our Good Times, Bad Times, conditions he was still excited. Doug is a big Ravens fan and had an extra day of frustration that needed calming.Doug landed a beautiful 18 and a half incher an hour in and he told me that he was already satisfied for the day. Exactly what every guide wants to hear. The river really filled up so we began to make our way back to the car for lunch. We stopped in a run and after spotting a few feeding fish we jumped in. A few casts and another great fish, Doug got a crash course on the smarts of our fish, and after going around and around the rocks and he finally got a beautiful 17 and a half to the net. We offered those fish No Quarter and he hooked two more. Several small fish after lunch finished off a great day.* search for feeding fish*
 Cat was stuck in the shop today, so I headed out by myself. As our readers know, last week’s day of fishing left me a little Dazed and Confused so today was all about payback. When I first got to the water I spotted several fish ready to eat, first cast and bang. He popped off, but my smile was returned to my face. I couldn’t get any more interested so I began to work my way down river. I got into a run that I had been eyeballing last week and after a few casts I hooked, fought, and landed a fish I shall name Moby Dick, okay he was only 21 but man it was awesome. I sat in that run for an hour and landed a 19 & a half, an 18, and several smaller fish. *Send Connell all your money*

         Okay if you have choked your way through the entire blog and did not figure out the fishing report than you can send the O’Grady’s 1000 dollars and I can send you an O’Grady fly fishing super decoder ring. Please write checks to Winston, he is in a much better tax bracket. But seriously people, everyone should make their way to our river next week. Fishing may not be incredible, but you won’t be in Denver traffic, you won’t watch the Broncos play in the Pro Bowl, and most of all your phone magically doesn’t ring. Oh crap, my phone is ringing. As always, Connell, Cat, Winston, Robert Plant, and The Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading……..









No comments:

Post a Comment