Sunday, October 11, 2015

A Little Wind + A Little Lazy = ?

Answer: A Ninja Kick to the face
            Hey All and thanks for checking in at The O’Grady Fly Fishing Adventures. To quickly get this out of the way, Cat landed the fish of the day(a measured 19 incher). Now my excitement of the day came when I hooked and landed the largest and ugliest creature that has ever had a Ninja firmly planted in its cheek, yep I knew it had to happen someday, but a little lazy and a little wind and Cat got to do her magic trick and pull the fly from my face. What was funniest was as I walked up to her said I needed a little help it took everything she had to not bust out in laughter. She said just a second and turned around and when she turned back she told me to look the other way, and that was when I heard the shutter from the camera. She told me she would keep that pic for some day in the future when I’m catching all the fish and she’s feeling bad for herself.

            It certainly was an interesting day on the river. It seemed that every stop produced one fish and that was all. My first cast of the day produced a 3 and a half inch rainbow, it was kind of an omen of the day to unfold. I did manage one to the net that went about 16. I noticed the other night that it seemed that the fish had real soft mouths now and today only seemed to confirm that idea. Lots of fish on, and then I would feel it pull free. Caught fish on the Winston Caddis, a FOD and of course the Ninja. Can’t say fishing was great today but I can say for 4 hours today I did not think about my Huskers. Anyhow, Connell, Cat, Winston, Bruce Lee and the Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading…. 




No comments:

Post a Comment