Sunday, October 4, 2015

Home....

Waders and boots: 600 dollars.
Sage One with reel and line: 1000 dollars.
Watching Winston, after a two week hiatus, run down to the river, plop down on his belly and then have him turn and look at me and smile….PRICELESS.
            
           Hello all and thanks for checking in at The O’Grady Flyfishing Adventures. I kick myself now for not snapping a pic of his grin but I’m guessing next time down I’ll see it again. Fishing today was once again kind of a mixed bag. Cat was in Greeley for her cousin’s b-day so Winnie and I were semi-batching the river. We didn’t get to the river until around 11:00 and I never saw any real hatches. Caddis, Midges, PMD’s, tricos, hoppers and even a few BWO’s were around but nothing strong enough to move fish into traditional feeding lanes. My first 5 hookups went for not and then finally my 6th hookup produced a beautiful 17 incher. My next hookup turner out to be a giant smelly sucker and as bad luck would have it, I had to touch the thing to get it off my hook. EWWWW. I moved back up river and found my run of the day, four landed and seven hooked and I was ready to go home. Fish today took a Winston Caddis, a FOD, and the J-bomb got the most action. It sure was good to be back on home water and running into people I know.
            If you are out and struggling right now don’t get frustrated. Find deeper seams and get your bugs in front of the fish. As always, Connell, Cat, Winston, MasterCard, and the Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading…….





No comments:

Post a Comment