Friday, November 27, 2015

A Black Friday To Remember

                Hello Everyone, this is Cat and I hope you all had a wonderful and safe holiday. I wanted to chime in on my day and give a shout out to the great clients which made my Black Friday one to remember. To sum up the day it was cold, it snowed, and the dry fly fishing was EPIC! BWOs hatched until about two and while fish were taken on the traditional BWO and Adams, several fish were landed on a ....... and I am not joking about this..... a size 14 yellow foam body stone.... I know I know, how on earth did this happen? Well today I had three clients and two were never-evers and as all of you know seeing a size eighteen mayfly during low light and in snow can be difficult. To help them along I tied the yellow stone on as an indicator fly and what do you know the fish liked it.

            Today was so enjoyable. I spent my time with great guys who were enthusiastic and brave. Not many never-evers, let alone hardcore fisherman, would have braved the weather today and thankfully Mother Nature rewarded them for their efforts. In total I believe the clients landed around 20 fish and a good time was had by all.  Connell came out to help and I couldn’t have asked for a better anniversary present. Today was definitely a Black Friday to remember. Thanks for reading Cat, Connell, Winston, Pepto-Bismol, and the Drift Fly Shop.   








No comments:

Post a Comment