Saturday, October 29, 2016

Back in Buizz.......

             Hello all and thanks for checking in at the O’Grady Fly Fishing Adventures blog. I wanted to start by saying how awesome it was getting back in the water this week guiding. At times, it seemed as if the fish had missed me as much as I had missed them and at times it felt like they had completely forgotten me. I was cleared last week and had three trips scheduled, and with the fishing picking up, I couldn’t wait to get back out.  The first trip had my mouth watering with what I expected to be perfect conditions, but just when I think I know it all I find out that I don’t. For some strange reason, bugs were basically nonexistence, and fish went into lockjaw mode. Yeah, we got some to the net but was not Arkansas-esque at all. The next trip out was much better and we found feeding fish sporadically all day. Today saw fish eating early but slowed considerably after about 10:30. Anyway, the days were fun and it was nice to be able to talk that much again. The pics are a few from the week. We did see a new addition into the 20 inch club for the Drifts guide trips, congrats Duane!

               I expect fishing to be on and off until we get that first nasty cold snap, but I find it hard to complain about 80+ degrees in October. The cottonwoods right now are absolutely gorgeous and the valley screams a bright gold. Right now is a great time to book a trip and work on the essentials before the Blue wings invade. Fish were eating small Blings and really small Tube Wing midges.                         I wanted to give a quick shout out to the fly fishing club called the Pueblo Renegades. If you are looking for fellow fly fishing addicts here in P-town look them up or stop by the shop. In addition to river cleanups, they do contests and get togethers on a regular basis. It was good seeing the group out today and they were all full of smiles. As always, Connell, Cat, Winston and the Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading….






No comments:

Post a Comment