Monday, June 26, 2017

Antero 6/26/2017..Feed the Addiction....

            Hello friends and thanks for checking in at the O’Grady Fly Fishing Adventures. It’s funny how often I get strange looks when I decline an adult beverage. The looks even get funnier when I explain that I have absolutely no self-control. There are good and bad parts to having no self-control, it helped me become a pretty good golfer, skier, ping-pong player, and even a pretty good fly fisherman. Now the bad part is that it can be very difficult moving on from great times. As most of our readers know, Cat and I made a trip to Spinney earlier this year and had such an unbelievable time that it has been hard getting South Park out of my head. The last few trips to Antero have been fun, but I really needed more. Last night when Cat got home from teaching a fly fishing clinic, I asked her what she wanted to do today. I could see she had a sad look on her face and after working eight of the last ten days, she said anything as long as she doesn’t have to use the word fish. Being that I’m such an awesome husband, I told her that she really needed a day just to herself and I called Richie to see if he wanted to fish Antero. I needed a fix.
            After the last Antero trip shenanigans, I wanted to try a different spot so we spent the first half hour or so looking for fish. My first two takes I have no idea what happened, twice my line was sheared off clean just above my fly. I finally landed my third fish and he was a chunky twenty incher. Fishing was off and on all day long, at one time Richie was right next to me and the fish were going nuts. We double hooked up a few times but the landing of the fish seemed to be a little bit difficult today. A few hours in, I was at seven fish in hand and I told Richie that if I didn’t get to fifteen than I would consider him really bad luck. As if the fish were listening and laughing, they shut off for a while right after that. The next several were one after another and then I got stuck on fourteen. I told Richie that if I catch one more that he has no luck, but if I land two more than he would be good luck. My indicator exploded down and I was begging for the number, the fish made several really big runs and I could tell that my “Frazier” fish was going to be nice. I got her netted and I could not believe her size. It was hard to get a hold of her but if you check out the pic, that net is the Fishpond El Jefe and the opening is twenty-two inches. I took my time getting her revived and after releasing her, I was spent. Three trips to Antero and fifteen fish a piece. So how does my addictive personality look at today, I’ll have to see if Cat wants to go again on Wednesday. There has to be a twenty-four incher in there. The first four pics are of the big fish. As always, Connell, Cat, Winston, Richie, and the Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading…

















No comments:

Post a Comment