Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Ark..9/25


Hello friends and thanks for checking in at the O’Grady Fly Fishing Adventures. I wanted to put out a quick update of the current conditions on our river. Flows over the last week have been right around 160cfs and clarity has been very good. Fall conditions have been really unpredictable the last several years but this last week has really put me on a fishing high. The last few trips have seen lots of fish and Cat and I spent about three hours on the river today and will be smiling into next week. We have had incredible trico spinner falls, and PMD’s hatch off and on all afternoon, and caddis in the early evening.
My best guess is that we should have really good clarity for the next three weeks or so, and by mid-October, I would expect to see turnover to begin. Now I want to take a second and toot my own horn. If you have been thinking about booking a guide then get it done now, sight fishing right now is fantastic but I should probably warn you, once you see fish and get your flies in front of it and you get to watch it eat, you will never look at fly fishing the same way again. The video is of the Tricos this morning, not sure how well it will come through.
We currently have a limited number of A&W’s in the shop for sale. The A&W was designed by myself several year ago for our Fall PMD’s. The fly is working well right now and when turnover starts, don’t leave home without it. As always, Connell, Cat, Winston and the Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading……








No comments:

Post a Comment