Wednesday, May 15, 2019

They Killed Kenny !!!!!


           Hello friends and thanks for checking in at the O’Grady Fly Fishing Adventures. Well I would love tell you that reading this blog would either have you on the edge of your seat or spitting your coffee on your screen but I hate to say, it may be a little straight forward, just another trip to South Park. After writing last weeks blog, Cat and I had been itching to get back up to Spinney. The last two years, we had fished it on May 16th and those were the two most spectacular fishing days we had ever seen. With the extra cold winter, we knew that everything up there would be a little behind schedule but we just wanted to get out on our pontoon boats and really weren’t expecting much.
            We got on the water just after 8:00 and scurried over to one of our favorite spots. We were marking fish but they didn’t seem to want to eat. We moved a little here and there and after about 9:00, I got my first fish. He was only about 17 inches but I was on the board. We caught fish off and on all day, and I finished the day with four conclusions. First, Outcast makes a killer pontoon boat and I absolutely love fishing out of ours. Second, the El Jefe Fishpond net is the perfect size for Spinney. Third, the Sage X in a 10 foot 6 wt is perfect for Spinney. And last, even though Cat has really toughened me up over the years, I still don’t like the idea of touching Pike.
            Spinney was better than expected but less than we had hoped. I ended the day with 21 trout and 3 pike and had at least a dozen more that were either lost or missed. The chironomids were just beginning to hatch and I am guessing the next three weeks, Spinney should be absolutely on fire. The Drift Fly Shop is continuing to run the same special. Purchase an Outcast/Fishcat pontoon boat or a 9’6”/10’ Sage X 6wt and get a free sit down with either Cat or I and we will go over everything to get you ready to go catch fish: rigging, safety, accessories, fly selection and how to attack lakes. Just a few pics from today. As always, Connell, Cat, Winston, Kenny McCormick, and the Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading…….
















No comments:

Post a Comment