Wednesday, May 22, 2019

When the Cats Away, To Spinney To Play.....


           Hello friends and thanks for checking in at the O’Grady Fly fishing Adventures. Well my incredible wife went out of town to visit her parents so I needed to find something to do. I talked to a friend and he was heading up to Spinney and so I decided I would meet up with him. My first stop of the morning was a little slow so I moved into the spot that Cat and I did so well in last week. The first hour was really quite good and then the second hour I kind of fell into a lull. Tyler kicked over to me and told me I should move over to where he was fishing. I headed over and it was lights out. One after another all afternoon.
            At one point I reached into my bag to grab some water and my tippet spool fell out. Now I want to say that I absolutely love my Rio Fluoroflex tippet but I really cannot stand the elastic bands that are supposed to hole the tippet on the spool. I grabbed the line but the spool just began unwrapping so as fast as I could pull, the spool was moving away from me. I grabbed my net and was able to reach just far enough down to catch the spool. When I grabbed it and started winding the tippet back on, I watched my indicator shoot down a couple of times and then slowly make its way back to the top. I have a new product on order that is supposed to fix the elastic problem and after testing it, I will let you know how well it works.
            I brought my GoPro up with me today and have put together a video and I hope it shows how incredibly powerful these fish are. By 2:00 I was having a difficult time getting the fish to the surface and my arm was really getting warn out. The clouds and snow pellets rolled in and when my teeth started chattering, I decided it was time to head home. I got to a total of 53 fish landed and I figured that was a nice round number. Spinney is on Fire and the next ten days or so should be lights out. If you want to learn, stop by the shop and we can get you headed in the right direction. As always, Connell, Cat, Winston and the Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading…..


No comments:

Post a Comment