Sunday, May 6, 2012

Arkansas Tailwater Fishing Report for Sunday May 6th


If I were to title our day of fishing today, I think I would steal the name of my favorite Spaghetti western of all time and call it “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly”. We had a real mixed bag today but shouldn’t complain because it is the 6th of May. The river was bumped up to just over 400 this morning and the clarity stayed at about three feet. I think with the flows over about 300cfs it takes a little longer for the water to warm up so we really did not see any significant hatches until about 1:00 P.M. when the bwo’s came off for about an hour.

  We stepped into the water about 11:00 A.M. and the second and fourth cast I landed two of those chunky 13 inchers and was thinking it would be another epic day. The next twenty minutes saw no fish and then Cat and I caught several in a real short time. Most of the day seemed to be that way, either on or off.  We probably landed 30 or so with the prize fish of the day being three 19 inchers. Flies of choice today were the FOD and RS2’s in the 18 and 20 size.

  With the unseasonably warm spring the river should be exploding any time now. Get out while you can and enjoy this gem we have here. Thanks for reading, Connell 719-543-3900

No comments:

Post a Comment