Thursday, May 3, 2012

Guide Trip May 3rd Pueblo Tailwater


       Fishing was excellent today!!!! With the water coming up and then back down last week we are now in the hit or miss time frame of heavily feeding fish. Ed will be moving back to California early this summer and wanted learn this type of water before he left.  We got to the water about 11:00A.M. and after only about ten minutes or so the fish started feeding. We had intermittent Blue Wing hatches all afternoon and the fish were in feeding lanes most of the afternoon. It did not really seem to matter which baetis pattern or size but the fish just seemed to be all about the correct drift. Ed hooked gobs of fish today but did not do as well in the landing department. The biggest fish landed today was an absolute beautiful 21 inch rainbow. Great job Ed!!!! Landing more of these fish takes a lot of patience. As I am writing this, I can’t help thinking about a time when these fish had been kicking my tail and I yelled the “f” word and then saw someone standing up the river looking at me. How embarrassing, now that person is a judge here in Pueblo and if I ever get in trouble, I may go straight to prison because he knows of my anger issues. Anyway, get to the water because it will be blowing up soon. Have an excellent day and thanks for reading. Connell thedriftflyshop.com


No comments:

Post a Comment