Thursday, May 31, 2012

Night of the Brown

 First of all I want to thank Alex for calling and asking me to go fishing. I was planning on staying home but said what the heck. I got to the water at about 5:30 and first cast I landed a 12inch fatty rainbow. Couple more casts and WHAM, took everything. Rerigged and a couple casts and hooked into and landed a 19inch brown. Moved up river and found a spot that was giving up fish on almost every other cast. Landed a 18 and a 15 inch brown and several bows between 14 and 19 inches. Alex and Eric showed up and the fish turned off for a few minutes. I'm sure they though I was full of crap talking about all the fish I was catching. After a few minutes I walked up to the next hole and first cast was a really nice rainbow that came out of the water a few times and then snapped my line. Rerigged and a couple casts landed this beautiful 19 inch brown and a few more casts landed this rainbow that went just under 21 inches. Oh what an evening, as you can see by my hat pic, the bwo's were out in full force. The flies of the evening were a large crane fly larva followed by a Winston caddis and last a cream FOD. I can't believe this water is still in such great condition, get out and fish and if you are not getting the results you are looking for, I know a couple of really good guides for rent. Thanks for reading, Connell








No comments:

Post a Comment