Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Fishing 2013 The Arkansas Tailwater




 
  Hello all and Happy Halloween to all our readers. As I have said in the past, while growing up October 31st was pretty much my favorite day of the year. I know that with age, some of the excitement has weaned over the years but I still love watching the kids have so much fun. I think with the less than stellar fishing conditions this fall I have had a little more time to think of the upcoming Halloween and I had decided this year I would resort to my youthful enthusiasms and take the holiday to the extremes.  I decided that this year I was going dress up in the scariest costume of all time and hand out candy to the terrified kids. I toyed with being a zombie, a vampire, wolfman, or even Godzilla but they all said “been there” and not terrifying enough. After serious brainstorming costume ideas it finally hit me, the scariest costume idea of all time. As I began thinking of my costume idea, my knees began to shake uncontrollably; my breath became short and the fear was not allowing me to breathe. My hands were sweating and shaking so hard that I was not able to use a keyboard in fear of sweat shorting it out. I thought about how this creature was so terrifying that it could possibly destroy the entire world. I talked to my family about my idea and a few of them began to gasp and their skin began to turn blue from fear. After seeing how fearful everyone was I knew that I had nailed the idea, so the next step was how do I carry out the costume, how do I become Obamacare….
  
  Okay, now that I have really ticked off 52 % of you and the other 48% are ROFLYAO, on to fishing. I got to the water at around3:30 today and found that a slight miracle has happened to our river. The 4inches of clarity on Monday has cleared and I was seeing bottom when I was in over my knees. Flows have been reduced to 171 and fishing was fantastic. I am guessing that it might because this is the first time in several months that the fish could see the bugs in the water and they were feeding like crazy. I think I hooked 25 or more in the 2 and a half hours I was on the water. Winston’s foot has heeled and today was his first time back on the water, we hooked so many that even he got bored and sat on the bank the last several fish.Every stop seemed to produce takes, most of the fish were in the 11 to 14 inch range but I did land several right around 18. The thrill of the day happened at the wall when the hit nearly jerked the rod out of my hand and snapped me off in mere seconds. Flies of the day were the FOD and the True Blood. We have had so many calls to the shop wanting to book trips over the last couple months and it was difficult but we talked clients out it due to less than great conditions. If you are one of those people, the time to book is now. I would expect conditions to stay steady and even improve between now and the end of the year. I hate to be one of those people that says you should have been here yesterday, so get here and that won’t be a problem. As always, thanks for reading, Connell,Cat and Winston…
Just a few pics from today, And Winstons wants to thank all his fans for the get well wishes...







1 comment: