Sunday, December 22, 2013

Low Expectations....


  Hello all and thanks for reading. My hearts is still trying to recover from last weeks Bronco game so I decided that today would be a day on the water. With the reports and my own personal experiences over the last week or so being pretty poor I headed to the water with super low expectations. One thing I know about low expectations is that it doesn’t take a lot to make the outcome positive. Last years Bronco season was a prime example; after the first few games and the loss to Atlanta, my expectations fell to a near all time low(near because I remember Griese). At halftime of the San Diego game Cat and I went home and figured the season was already lost, and we were okay with that thanks to low expectations. As we all know, the Broncos made a furious comeback and then went on to have home field for the playoffs. At that time, my expectations changed and that cold day in Denver did a serious number on my attitude. Like I said, today I just wanted to be on the water. I got on the river around 11:00a.m. and things started real slow. I fished for about fifteen minutes without a bump and really didn’t mind. I began daydreaming a little and started thinking about the picture of Nolan and the beautiful fish he landed the other day. I knew it was on a Ninja so I removed my egg and put on a Skinny, followed by a Ninja and a J-bomb. Only a few casts and I realized that youngster was a genius.  The river just seemed to turn on. Over the next two hours it just seemed to be every several casts would take another fish, and they were almost all on the Ninja.

  I knew an old friend was on the water so I headed down to hook up with him. You will never believe where I ran into DJ, Brett and Alex, yep it was DJ’s run..go figure. Anyhow I got to hang with the three of them for an hour or so while we were all taking turns catching fish. I was only planning on fishing a short time today and I was already way over my plans and decided it was time to go..after just a few more casts. Yep, it’s always that way. As I was heading back to the car I thinking what an incredible day it was. Was it because I got to see my old friend DJ and get to fish with him Alex and Brett? Was because I thought about what young Nolan was doing to catch fish? Was it because fishing was that great today? Or was just because I really had no expectations today. I think today it was the first three, thanks guys.

  Cat, Winston and I want to truly thank all of our readers and wish you all the Merriest Christmas ever. I try not to do this very often on our personal blog, but I wanted to remind everyone that The Drift has some great Christmas presents. I know some of the Simms clothing can be a little expensive but they make great gifts.  Very often when people buy for themselves they stick to practical and don't indulge in the items they really want and the SImms clothing tends to fit this category.  Giving it as a gift gives a fisherman the spoiling they tend to deny themselves. The layering and sweaters are my favorite and if you have a face for radio like me, these can make even me look okay..Thanks again, Connell, Cat, Winston and The Drift Fly Shop….







 

No comments:

Post a Comment