Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas 2014 !!!!!


Hello all and thanks for checking in at The O’Grady Flyfishing Adventures. I wanted to start this blog by wishing all of you the Merriest of Christmas’s. With this being the “Giving” season, I decided that this year my gift to our readers would be this story of the perfect Christmas gift. Since I know we have a lot of families that read this blog together I hope that some of you, after opening presents and reading a Christmas story, light a fire, wrap yourself in a warm blanket and read this little Christmas story. Okay, actually the story is a little boring but mine nonetheless.

  As many of you know from prior blogs, Cat and I really don’t ever purchase Christmas presents for each other.  Throughout the year we find that if there is something that we really want than we go ahead and buy it. It takes so much pressure off Cat because it would be impossible to buy for me. So our Christmas giving usually involves small gifts for Cats family and my boys and spoiling the tar out of my granddaughter. I knew all of the shopping was completed last week because Cat kept me very updated on what “We” had given for presents. On Monday, as was my customary routine, I got home work and went to the mailbox. I was very surprised when I found a package with my name on it. As I opened the package I saw that it was a trout colored dog collar. I was a little surprised that Cat would only purchase one collar since we do have two dogs. I tossed the pack on the counter and went on my way. On Tuesday Cat and I were talking and I made mention of the collar and she said “I thought you bought it”. Nope it wasn’t me and so we examined the package and realized that there was no name as to who made the purchase. We realized that Winston has a secret “Santa” and all those old jealous feelings came rushing back through my brains. I know we don’t expect any gifts but to realize that my dog actually has a secret gift giver. The jealous thoughts of, can Winston teach you where the fish are? Can Winston help you across the river? Can Winston tell these incredible flyfishing stories? Can Winston create incredible flies that catch fish? And then it hit me, even though he can’t do all of those things, a quick look at his picture wishing a Merry Christmas puts a huge grin on my face. What better gift can a person ask for. Now I showed Winston the trout colored collar that he was secretly gifted and although he told me that it was super sexy, he did say that it oozed as a slight sign of oppression and future gifts should be more in the way of bones and snacks. Wow, spoken like a true O’Grady.

  Now for the part of the blog that the fisherman are looking for. Fishing this week has really moved more toward winter fishing. Water temps coming out of the damn are between 40 and 41 degrees. Hatches the last few days out have consisted of small midges and very spotty BWO hatches. Guide trips out this week have had some very nice fish taken but the fish definitely have to be worked for. The smaller fish are still feeding like crazy and can be caught most of the day but the big fish have definitely become finicky. Small BWO and small cream colored midges seem to be the ticket right now with the occasional chomp on something red. One of our return clients doesn’t usually take pics but his fish on Sunday was so pretty he allowed just the one pic. As I said to open the blog, we wish you all an incredible Christmas. Connell, Cat, Winston, the Secret Santa want to thank you for reading……
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment