Sunday, May 15, 2016

Fantastically Awesome !!!


            Hello all and thanks for checking in at the O’Grady Fly Fishing Adventures blog. As I was standing in the river today staring over and watching my Incredible wife matching me fish for fish, I couldn’t help but reminisce a little about the absolutely fantastic spring this has been. It was a little difficult to drift off much because the fish were once again en fuego. During the few lull moments of today my mind did get a chance to wander. I remember in college sitting in speech class and listening to another student make the noise “um” I don’t even know how many times. His second speech, another student and I decided to count and we had a little wager on how many times the “um” came out. Later in life, and I’m not condoning this, but at the bar in Winter Park, we had a drinking game every time a touron used the word “Rad”. I know that word ages me a little but I am very aware that I am not a young guy anymore. What I have been a little worried about though, is over the years when I listen to those super nice, always complimentary people. I remember playing with one of those guys in a golf tournament one time and after hitting one three fairways over, the super nice guy in all sincerity said, “well that would have been a fantastic shot if it had gone just a little straighter”. Yep, I think I threw up a little in my mouth after hearing that. So anyway, back to the blog, if you have become so sick of me enthusiastically, bragging on how Incredibly awesome the conditions have been over the last month, then this blog will not make your day any better.

            Cat, Winston and I got to spend the day together on the river. We had been fishing the same area so much lately and after telling so many customers that the whole river is good, we decided to expand our horizons a little and spread out. First spot we stopped we noticed a few fish eating in a riffle. Second cast and a beautiful tub-tub 17 incher to the net. Cat jumped in next and drilled a few. All day long, fish were eating. I would love to say that I landed all, most or even the majority of the fish I hooked but that would be a lie, but regardless, what a day!

            With the heat looking to make its first real appearance next weekend, my best guess is that we don’t have a lot of time left. Get to the river if you can, you may even learn a few new positive adverbs. As always, Connell, Cat, Winston and the Drift Fly Shop want to thank you for reading….















1 comment:

  1. Very nice you two. The weather has been so perfect for the river.

    ReplyDelete